1. have fun. forget about the experts.
2. play with your food.
3. learn something new. don't worry about failing. make sure to eat your mistakes. you'll do better next time.
4. use the freshest, local-est ingredients you can find and afford. and if it came from your own yard, you have won the food lottery!
5. don't overcook... keep the colors bright.
6. you don't need all that butter. but... if you're going to use it, make it real, unsalted butter. (from a cow, not a chemical plant.)
7. make sure your knives are sharp and never, never, ever put them in the dishwasher.
8. always lick the beater.
9. eat your greens... the darker, the better.
10. make a little extra, in case of unexpected guests.
11. no shoes required.
12. creativity is never neat and clean.
13. chocolate is a most important food group and should be revered. in the past, it was used for medicine and currency.